• Contact Information including current address, phone number, and email address.
• Residency Preferences. Please specify your first and second choice
• C.V. including exhibition history, education or training, publications, and collections or collectors of your artwork.
• Project Proposal outlining the research, development, and/or production of a new or ongoing body of work; the resources you will need to execute your project; and how participation in the residency will benefit your career.
• 2 letters of support
• Documentation of work including a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20 photographs of your work; or samples of your work (film, video), where applicable. DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL ARTWORK.
• Image List, if applicable, stating title, medium, dates and size of each piece.
• Statement of Interest outlining 2 ideas for community outreach programs (In the interest of promoting an exchange of ideas and cultures, venues will be provided for residents to interact with local artists and community members through talks, demonstrations, workshops, or exhibitions.)
• Artist couples should apply individually for the residency period and identify their partner applicants.
• Each member of a collaborative team should apply individually and include a joint proposal and documentation of past collaborative projects and/or independent work.
Established and emerging professional Canadian and international visual artists are invited to apply. Artists from the North (Nunavut, Northwest Territories and Yukon) and First Nation artists from across the country are encouraged to apply. Projects involving all disciplines are eligible, including but not limited to: Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Printmaking, Photography, Textiles, Carving, Craftwork, Design, Multimedia, Installation, Film and Video. Special consideration will be given to Illustrators of children’s books.